Enriched Data is helping B2B Marketers thrive: so how can data itself drive better content, more leads, and more sales?
There is a crucially overlooked issue in our approach to data: we fix it. We pin it down in time and package powerful commercial insights into a digestible form. However, the reality of lead data is never still; customer and prospect data changes every day as careers progress, companies transform and accounts migrate.
Yet, if you look at the surface of most marketing databases, and the visual representations we all see day in day out, you could be forgiven for thinking of them as static. The icons and dashboards of complex IT hardware hardly paint the liveliest picture of the powerful data processes beneath.
The issue with this is that it can give marketers a tendency to think of databases in terms of the technology that supports them, instead of thinking about.
And technical icons are a poor metaphor for the marketing database. A database should be a digital representation of living, breathing human structures; how we are organised in companies and the public sector, what roles we perform, and how we, as ‘business’ people, behave. This is something that onlycan deliver on.
In short, enriched data is so valuable because it captures real-life; unlike standard data it has an unlimited depth of insights and can be trusted to deliver automated decisions with greater dependability.
The basic values missing from raw data
Given the level of data enrichment technologies now available to us, the B2B data we use should represent a more human world, one that is subject to constant change:
• People leave employers to take up new opportunities as their careers advance
• People get promoted, and take on new and different roles
• The fortunes of companies change – bad years mean laying off staff or closing, good years mean expanding, taking on new people.
• Management structures change
• Individual business units and teams are launched, closed and even sold
• Corporate objectives shift
Critical business decisions are made upon the quality of a CRM’s data. Considering the above, should we entrust our demand-generation strategy on data that is effectively outdated from the moment is captured and, from then on, limited at best?
Where enriched data makes a real difference
Above all, enrichment not only activates a marketer’s limited glimpse of a lead’s contact details into a more reliable profile of a person, it also enhances that profile with the level of insights needed to carry-out the most sought-after B2B marketing strategies:
• Power ABM strategy with the right target account list
• Improve segmentation and targeting by perfecting data
• Stay on top of who within your target accounts is involved in decisions
• Gain intelligence on what drives sales and motivates decision makers
• Make better and more targeted content
Crucially, all those additional data assets will become your competitive edge; not only will this activated data guide the marketing strategies and processes that drive each acquisition, it also (and more importantly), works as a fundamental advantage to successfully convert that lead – before someone else does.
Ready to see how B2B Data Enrichment works?
Book a one-to-one preview of our Data Enrichment technology today →